Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋. Now for my terrifically speedy tomato sauce. It works very well in tomato season when the tomatoes are at their best. Blitz the garlic and chilli in your food processor or blender until fine, then add your tomato, stem removed but skin still on, and blitz until soup-y.
If you don't like tomato skins, blend the tomatoes before you add them, or use an immersion blender on the finished sauce. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until golden. You look after roasting burn Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋 employing 18 process including 17 steps. Here you are do justice.
ingredients of Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋
- Prepare 500 g of ground beef.
- It's 1 of egg.
- It's 1 cup of breadcrumbs/oats (optional).
- You need 1 table spoon of Worscestershire sauce (optional).
- You need 1 clove of garlic and a teaspoon of ginger (pounded).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need of Herbs (Parsley/Thyme).
- Prepare Teaspoon of spices (curry powder/royco/black pepper/ paprika).
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It's 1 of mixing bowl.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It's of For the tomato sauce:.
- Prepare 1 of and a half teaspoon of butter/margarine.
- Prepare Teaspoon of cornflour.
- It's 2 of large tomatoes.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 teaspoon of (dhana jeera/ cumin seeds, royco).
- It's of Dessicated coconut and Coconut milk/cream/powder.
Add the garlic and ginger and cook another minute, stirring the whole time. Spicy Chickpeas in a Tomato Coconut Sauce I'm back from a two-week retreat of sorts and feeling tired but rather refreshed. In a large saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Pour tomato sauce over the meatballs.
Meatballs in tomato and coconut sauce😋 step by step
- Put the all ingedients you need together.
- Put the ground beef in your bowl and add the breadcrumbs (I didn't have enough so I added some oats which is actually a healthier option😊).
- Add in the spices, the egg, half a teaspoon of sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, some little oil and mix well (I find it better to mix with your hands).
- Once everything is well combined leave to rest... Do not over mix or you'll end up with dry meatballs.
- Cut up your onion and put to fry in a pan, add some oil and the rest of the sugar and caramelize the onions... They should be slightly golden brown as in the picture below (this is my own twist coz I love caramelized onions).
- Once ready quickly put the onions in with the mixed minced beef and mix.. (be careful not to burn yourself with the onions but also don't let the onions cool because they will stick together).
- I used a teaspoon to scoop out the beef and roll into balls (choose a size that's appropriate for you.. I prefer bite sized balls).
- Once done cover with cling foil and put in the fridge for about an hour. This helps the meatballs maintain their shape when you fry.
- In the pan where you had caramelized your onions, put a little oil and put in the meatballs, fry on the sides for about 7 minutes (keep rotating so they at least look like balls 😂) other people prefer to deep fry, you can do that as well.
- When done remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same same pan 😂 I like to maintain the flavours.... Melt the margarine and add the cornflour and mix well till combined, don't overcook it.
- Add your tomatoes and dessicated coconut and cook till it makes a thick sauce.
- Add your spices and your milk and let simmer for a little bit.
- Add in the meatballs and leave to cook till the sauce starts bubbling (of the sauce is too thick add some water in very little portions).
- When done add the coconut milk or your coconut powder mixture and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Note that: the sauce becomes thicker when it cools so while on the heat it should be Abit light.
- Serve and garnish with corriander leaves... I served mine with plain rice mixed with some spice.
If you have some leftover, save it for another time. Garnish with cotija cheese and more cilantro. Heat the oil in a skillet, and brown the chicken on all sides. Set chicken aside, and mix in the onion and jalapenos. Remove from heat and cool slightly.