Grandma's meatloaf. Browse Our Fast And Easy Meatloaf Recipes Collection. This easy combination of ketchup , brown sugar , and spicy brown mustard is just what the meatloaf needs. Half way though the cooking time, the meatloaf gets covered in the sauce which gets extra sticky and delicious while it cooks.
This is the recipe my grandmother used to make her meatloaf. Most notably it doesn't have any sort of sauce coating the top as is called for in many meatloaf recipes. My family enjoys it this way but I'm relatively certain that any standard meatloaf sauce would do if you want one. You go for it grilling parch Grandma's meatloaf testing 11 prescription along with 6 moreover. Here you go bring off.
prescription of Grandma's meatloaf
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of finely crushed saltine crackers.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of rubbed sage.
- It's dash of pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Growing up I HATED my mother's meatloaf. Those big nasty chunks of onions and peppers in it were the worst thing ever. I'm surprised my face didn't permanently stay in the "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!" squinched up face that I made more often than not. However… (because there's always a however), I really liked my Grandma's meatloaf.
Grandma's meatloaf little by little
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat eggs..
- Next add milk, saltine crackers, salt, pepper, sage and onions to the eggs..
- Next crumble ground beef into the bowl and mix everything together. Place it in a 8x4 oval ungreased pan. And form it into a loaf shape..
- Combine remaining ingredients. Place 3/4 cup of it on the meatloaf..
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 mins. Take out of oven and let sit for 10 min. Serve with remaining sauce..
Grandma's Meatloaf recipe: Tried and True, this recipe was passed down to me from my maternal Grandmother. It is the meatloaf that she used to serve for Sunday dinner and has been a favorite of our family for as long as I can remember! Grandma always served it with scalloped potatoes and creamed corn. Try it with your favorite salad and vegetable side dishes. Grandma's meatloaf recipe is an old-fashioned favorite, made with ground beef, chili sauce or ketchup, and oats.