Shrimp Fried 'Rice' (Konjac). One of the most popular posts on my site the past year has been my Easy Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice recipe. There's even a video in that post to show you exactly how to make it and you're basically recreating that recipe but with shrimp. It's an easy, one-skillet recipe that's ready in. konjac rice.
This homemade version is so much healthier, cheaper and tastes a million times better! Now the best part about this fried rice is that it is completely customizable to your taste. You can swap out the shrimp for your favorite protein - chicken, pork , or. You prepare sizzling percolate Shrimp Fried 'Rice' (Konjac) working 9 modus operandi together with 4 and. Here is how you sew up.
program of Shrimp Fried 'Rice' (Konjac)
- You need 250 g of drained konjac rice,.
- It's 1 of medium egg, beaten,.
- It's 100 g of small frozen shrimp,.
- Prepare 3 of finely chopped spring onions,.
- It's 20 g of petit pois peas,.
- Prepare A few of drops of dark soy sauce,.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- You need 1 of good pinch of salt,.
- It's of Vegetable oil for frying.
This recipe for Shrimp Fried Rice comes from my dear friend Jaden of SteamyKitchen.com. She learned how to make the best fried rice from her mother (after a rather funny failed attempt when she was a teen). It's super easy, and comes together in less than half an hour. Shrimp Fried Rice was one of the most popular fried rice dishes in my parents' Chinese takeout restaurant.
Shrimp Fried 'Rice' (Konjac) separately
- Boil the drained konjac rice in salted water for 5 minutes then drain it off and set aside. I find this gives it a better texture and removes any smell from the liquid it's stored in, which can smell a bit fishy..
- Heat up a wok over a high heat then add in the prawns. Cook until the water is released, then drain it off. Add in the peas and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the wok into a small bowl and set aside. Add in the beaten egg and cook until you have small clumps then place them into the bowl with the shrimp and peas..
- Add in 1/2 tbsp oil to the wok and heat. Add the egg, prawns and peas back in followed by the spring onion. Fry for a minute then add the drained konjac rice. Toss everything together. Season with a good pinch of salt, a few drops of dark soy and the light soy sauce. Stir everything together until every strand is evenly coated in the soy..
- Serve up and enjoy! :).
People would order Shrimp Fried Rice by the quart, and it seemed like we were always peeling shrimp to keep up with demand. So popular was the dish that we. Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice made healthier using leftover cooked brown rice, a delicious whole grain that's high in fiber, so it fills you up. This healthy shrimp fried rice def has some kick to it, and if you really like it hot feel free to add hot sauce to serve later! Can shrimp fried rice instant pot be frozen?