Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup). The milk added to this recipe makes it creamy, while the mint and lemon juice combine to add just the required amount of freshness! Palak or spinach is full of nutritional goodness and can make any dish attractive by giving it a lovely bright green colour. Palak Shorba or Spinach Shorba is similar like spinach soup with Indian spice touch up.
Palak dal or Spinach Lentil Soup is a popular version of lentil soup as it provides a way to add spinach/greens to your diet. It is a great source of vitamins and minerals. Combination of spinach and lentils make palak dal both rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals such as iron. You go for it sizzling warm up Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup) working 13 ingredients than 4 as well as. Here you go achieve.
ingredients of Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup)
- You need 2 cups of spinach, chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (split pigeon pea).
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 inch of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It's 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 lime of juice of lime.
- Prepare as needed of cheese to garnish (opt).
The very entertaining Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi teaches the viewers the true art of Punjabi cooking. He loves to cook true desi style where all that matters is the true taste of these Punjabi classics! Over the years, many vegetarian variants of Shorba have become popular. Vegetarians prepare a variety of Shorba recipes like Palak(Spinach) Shorba, Lentil Shorba, Corn Shorba, Tomato Shorba, etc.
Palak Dal Shorba (Spinach-lentil Soup) technique
- Soak the dal for 30 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion, ginger and garlic till light brown..
- Add the coriander-cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and red chilli powder mixed with little water..
- Saute for a few seconds. To it, add the dal, spinach, salt and 3 cups water. Pressure cook for 3 whistles..
- When cool, blend in a mixer, add lime juice and heat through. Serve, garnished with some cheese on the top..
The consistency of Shorba varies depending upon one's taste and cooking style. Some like it thicker (stew like consistency) and some like it thinner. Dal Palak or Spinach Dal is a very simple yet delicious Indian dish made with lentils, spinach, and seasoned with few spices. Learn how to make this flavorful dal palak curry, North Indian style with this easy, step-by-step recipe with pictures. There is never a dearth of curries in Indian homes.